2

I’m thinking of getting them to rename lung cancer after me

我在想让他们以我的名字来命名肺癌

get sb. to do sth. 让sb做sth

 

Daniel? Are you listening to me?

Daniel, 你有在听我说话吗?

 

Think about it. You know, it makes sense. The Lou Gehrig thing?

想想看,这个想法不错,就像Lou Gehrig病一样。(肌肉萎缩性侧索硬化症,以棒球运动员Lou Gehrig命名)

 

We’re going in now.

我们现在要进去了。

 

Is Mr Hopper in the rest room?

Hopper先生在休息室?

 

His wife just called.

他太太刚打电话来

 

He died this morning.

他今天早上去世了。

 

I can’t believe you did this to me.

我不能相信你居然这样对我

 

What did I do?

我做了什么?

 

It’s complete chaos out here.I’ve never seen anything like it

现场一片混乱,我从来没见过这种事情发生

 

it was quite a scene.

真是一个大场面啊

 

Oh, look! It’s me!

嘿,看,这是我

 

I can see that.

我看到了

 

You were there in a sea of breasts and you didn’t invite me.

你在一片波涛汹涌之中却没有叫我

 

It wasn’t a sex thing, Denny.

这和性无关,Denny

 

This was a political protest about a serious issue.

只是针对一个严肃问题的政治性示威而已

 

I heard there were two hundred women.That’s four hundred breasts.

我听说那里有二百个女人,那就是四百个乳房啊

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What the hell happened in your interview with Holly Raines?

你和Holly Raines 的面试到底发生了什么事?

 

I don’t like your tone.

我不喜欢你的语气

 

And you’re square.

你真古板

(【俚】古板守旧的人,拘谨的人;不谙时尚的人
Teenagers always think their parents are real square.
青少年总认为他们的父母真是跟不上时代的老古板。)

 

Game over. Now what the hell happened?

好了别玩了。到底发生了什么事?

 

Didn’t like her. She was only here for the money.

不喜欢她,她来这里只是为了钱。

 

Brad! Everyone from the senior partners to the assistant janitor is only here for the money!

Brad,这里的每一个人,从高级合伙人到打扫卫生的助理来这儿都是为了钱。

 

Okay. Look. You had an affair with Tara.

好吧,看,你和Tara有一脚

 

You paid your assistant to sleep with you.

你出钱让你的助手和你睡觉

 

I’m a partner now, I’m not gonna let you use this firm as an escort service!

我现在是合伙人了,我不会再让你把事务所当成三陪服务的地方/色情场所

 

This was not about sex!

这和性根本就没有关系

 

It’s about bribery!

这只是贿赂

 

I had to offer her an interview to get Catherine Piper off.

为了把Catherine Piper救出来,我只能以面试来交换。

 

Now you’ve made her mad and she’s taking it out on another client of mine!

现在你惹火了她,她就拿我另一个委托人来出气

(take out on拿…出气)

 

What the hell are you doing?

你到底在干嘛

 

Strengthening my quads.

quad=quadriceps 四头肌

练我的四头肌

 

Ski season.

滑雪季节到了

 

They say it was caused by stress from the first Gulf war.

他们说这是第一次海湾战争留下的后遗症

 

But, whatever the cause, Brad Chase does indeed suffer from a severe case of Irritable Bowel Syndrome

但是,无论什么原因,Brad Chase 确实患有严重的肠功能紊乱综合征

 

and his gastroenterologist has told him to take up sports to strengthen  the gluteus maximus muscles to control things back there.

他的医生让他多做运动加强臀大肌来控制这个部位

take up sport: . .

从事一种体育运动

gastroenterologist 胃肠病学家

gluteus maximus : 臀大肌 glu-^dE&s

 

And this is the first I’ve ever heard of it ,but apparently  the high altitude of the ski slopes is also good in helping to prevent leakage.

我也是第一次听说,但很明显,高海拔的滑雪道可以很好地帮他防止纰漏

 

Something to do with the thin air.

和空气稀薄有关吧

 

So. Long story short ,I will get you another interview with a named partner

那么,长话短说,我会再次安排你与事务所的指名合伙人(大老板)

 

Now, can you please charge Irma Levine with something reasonable?

那么现在,你是否能够以一个比较合理的理由起诉Irma Levine.

 

Or better yet just drop the whole thing.

或者干脆取消指控就好了

or better yet 或者干脆,或者更好的是

留下评论